- 1largefresh onion
- 2-3teaspoonsbeef bouillon granules
- 2tablespoonsbutteror margarine
- 1ounce of shreddedprovolone cheeseor mozzarella cheeseor swiss cheese
- Cut the ends off the onion, just enough that it will rest flat on its root end.
- Peel off outer dry layers.
- Cut into wedges leaving the root end intact.
- Place on a square of heavy foil.
- Top with boullion and butter.
- Wrap securely, be sure that you do not poke holes in the foil– you want the juices to stay in there with the onion.
- Bake at 350 for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Remove from foil into a serving bowl and top with cheese while HOT.
- Enjoy with a piece of crusty french bread.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »