- 4cupsvegetable brothor chicken brothor beef broth
- 3tablespoonsolive oil
- 1/2cup finely choppedonions(more if desired)
- 1 (10 ounce)packagefrozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce)canmushrooms, stems and pieces
- 1cup unwashedrisotto rice
- 1/2cup gratedparmesan cheese
- 1tablespoonunsalted butter
- 1tablespoon choppedparsley(Fresh is better but use what you have.)
- In skillet, over medium high heat, stir fry onions and peas for 1 minute in oil.
- Add rice and stir fry another minute.
- Stir in a generous ladle full of broth, turn heat to medium.
- Keep stirring until broth absorbed.
- Add another ladle full, continuing until all broth is used up and 22 minutes have passed.
- By this time it should be just done.
- Cook an additional minute to absorb all the liquid.
- Add cheese and butter.
- Stir until both disappear into the rice.
- Sprinkle parsley over top and stir inches Turn off heat and let rest for 1 to 2 minutes, then serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »