- 1 1/2cups slicedfresh mushrooms
- 1/2cup dicedcarrots
- 1/2cup choppedonions
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1cuparborio riceor risotto rice
- 1tablespoon herb-oxchicken bouillon granules
- 1/2cupcooking sherryor white wine
- 1cup shreddedFontina cheese
- 1/4cup gratedparmesan cheese
- choppedfresh parsley, for garnish
- dicedfresh tomatoes, for garnish
- In large saucepan, saute mushrooms, carrots, onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until rice is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat water, bouillon and cooking wine to a boil.
- Slowly add one cup of the broth to the rice mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to add 1/2 cup of broth at a time to rice mixture, stirring constantly, until all broth has been added and the rice mixture is creamy.
- Add cheeses and stir until well blended.
- Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley and diced tomato.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »