- 12ouncesricotta cheese
- 3eggs, lightly beaten
- 2tablespoons meltedbutter
- 1 gratedorange, zest of
- 1orange, juice of
- canola oilor vegetable oil, for deep frying
- In a medium bowl, stir eggs into ricotta.
- Gradually add flour.
- Stir in butter, orange zest, and salt.
- Chill batter for two hours.
- In a small sauce pan, boil orange juice down to 2 tbls.
- Stir in honey and set aside.
- Preheat Oil in deep fryer to 365°F.
- Working in small batches, drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Turn once during frying.
- Drizzle with warm honey and serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »