- 1 1/2tablespoonsbutter
- 2shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2cupscremini mushrooms, thinly sliced(small brown ones)
- 1 1/2cupsportabella mushrooms, gills removed,thinly sliced
- 1cupshiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1cup washed tornspinach
- 2tablespoonscognacor white wine
- 2/3cupricotta cheese(recipe recommends Tre Stella Ricotta)
- 5sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 4sheetsphyllo dough
- 1/4cupbutter, melted
- Pre heat oven to 400F.
- Melt 1 1/2 tbsp butter in a fry pan saute the shallots for 3 minutes, add all the mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Add spinach cook 1 minute.
- Remove mushroom mixture from the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with the cognac- 1 minute then add the Ricotta, breadcrumbs& sage Season to taste- mix well.
- Combine with the mushroom mixture.
- Lay out 1 sheet of Phyllo dough, paint well with the butter.
- Place 1/4 of the mushroom mixture on the buttered sheet, spread evenly over the surface, leave the edges free.
- Roll once, fold in ends toward the center and continue rolling to make a cylinder.
- Repeat for the 3 remaining sheets.
- Place the strudels on a non stick baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes-let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »