- 1/2cup uncookedlong grain rice
- 1/2cuppearl barley, uncooked
- 4 chopped springgreen onions
- 1 (10 ounce)canconsomme
- 5ouncescanned mushrooms, with juice(1/2 tin of mushrooms with juice)
- Brown the rice and barley in the butter in a sauce pot.
- Add chopped green onion and all other ingredients.
- Cook on stove top covered for 30 minutes, until done.
- Or can be cooked covered in a 350 degree oven for an hour.
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Toss and serve.
- This recipe can be doubled.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »