- 4slicesbacon(finely chopped)
- 1/2mediumonion(finely chopped)
- 3/4cup strong blackbrewed coffeeor espresso
- 1/4cupworcestershire sauce
- 2tablespoonsDijon mustard
- 2tablespoonsdark brown sugar
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in heavy saucepot over medium heat.
- Add the bacon, onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the coffee, ketchup, worchestershire sauce, mustard, molasses and brown sugar and allow the mixture to gradually come to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly, and allow the sauce to simmer until thick and richly flavored, about 10 to 15 minutes, whisking from time to time.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »