- 1lbdried red kidney beans, soaked in water overnight.
- 1 1/2lbssmoked sausage
- 1tablespooncanola oil
- 1largeonion, chopped
- 1/4teaspoonsalt(I omit)
- 1/4teaspoonchili powder
- 1/8teaspooncumin powder
- In large stew pot, soften onions in oil for 1 minute.
- Add water.
- Wash beans and pour into stew pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove 1/4 cup of beans and mash, then return to pot and stir.
- Contine to cook until gravy becomes thickened.
- About 10 to 20 minutes.
- Cut sausage into peices about 1 inch long and add to the beans.
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin powder.
- Continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »