- 1cupsliced almonds
- 1/2teaspoonginger powder
- 1/4cupbutteror margarine, softened
- 1 (510 g)packagedevil’s food cake mixor chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce)packagechocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1cupwateror milk
- 2cupsfresh raspberriesor frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2tablespoonssugar (optional)
- 1 1/2cupspowdered sugar
- 1/2teaspoonalmond extract
- 2tablespoonshalf-and-half creamor milk
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- For the streusel: In a medium bowl, combine the flour and the remaining streusel ingredients; mix until crumbly; set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix the raspberries with 2 Tbsp sugar, (if using).
- For the cake: In a large bowl, combine all the cake ingredients (except the raspberries and the 2 Tbsp sugar); beat at low speed until moistened, beat for 2 minutes more at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the raspberries carefully and evenly over the cake batter (it is okay for them to sink in the batter a bit).
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the raspberries.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- Cool for 1 or more hours, or until the cake is completely cool.
- In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for drizzling consistancy; blend well.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »