- 2 1/4tablespoonsactive dry yeast
- 1/2cupwarm water
- 1/4cupbutter, soft
- 2 1/2tablespoonssugar
- 2-2 1/3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cupsraspberry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, softened
- 1/2tablespoonlemon juice
- 1/4teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/2cuppowdered sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2tablespoonsmilk (optional)
- In mixing bow, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, salt and 1 cup of flour.
- Mix well.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size; 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15 x 9 inch rectangle.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread cream cheese filling lengthwise down center third of dough.
- Spread the raspberry pie filling on top.
- On each long side, cut 1 inch wide strips, 3 inches into center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool if desired.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over braid.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »