- 1cupquinoa, rinsed
- 1/2cuponions, finely diced
- 1/2cupmushrooms, diced
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 2teaspoonsolive oil
- 1/2cup cannedbaby peas
- 2cupsboiling water
- salt and pepper
- Toast rinsed quinoa in medium saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Add oil, onion, mushrooms and garlic to pan and cook until onions are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add boiling water, peas and toasted quinoa to pot.
- Cover pot and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
- Note: edited on 5/30/05 to include covering pot in step 5.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »