- 4 (6 ounce)strip steaks, trimmed
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper
- 1tablespoonvegetable oil
- 1smallonion, thinly sliced
- 1/3cupunsweetened apple juice
- 1/3cupbeef broth
- 2teaspoonsred wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoondried thyme
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; add steaks.
- Sear steaks for 3 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in apple juice; cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into skillet.
- Add beef broth.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and thyme.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »