- 1cup uncookedlong-grain rice
- 2cupschicken broth, divided
- 1/2cup thinly slicedcarrots
- 1/2cup thinly slicedzucchini
- 1cup thinly slicedyellow squash
- 1/4cupdry white wine
- 1/4-1/3cupparmesan cheese
- pepper(white or black)
- In a saucepan, add the rice, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth; stir.
- Bring to a boil, stir; change burner heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash; saute and stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes or just until softened.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the 1/2 cup broth to the rice and stir over medium-high heat until the broth is absorbed.
- Add in the cooked vegetables, cheese, and pepper; stir to mix together.
- Serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »