- 1/2cupunsalted butter
- 3/4cupcanned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4cup well-shakenbuttermilk
- 3tablespoonsunsulphured molasses
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1cupwhite whole wheat flouror all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonground ginger
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves
- 1/8teaspoon freshly gratednutmeg
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 3/4cup packedbrown sugar
- 3/4cup choppedpitted dates(about 4 ounces)
- 3/4cup finely choppedwalnuts(about 3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease twelve 1/2-cup muffin cups.
- Melt butter and cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk together butter, pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs, molasses, and vanilla.
- Into a large bowl sift together flours, baking powder, spices, salt, and baking soda and whisk in brown sugar.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and add pumpkin mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in dates and divide batter among cups.
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly over batter in each cup and bake muffins in middle of oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and a tester comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in cups 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack.
- Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »