- 2 1/4lbspumpkin
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 2tablespoons choppedthyme
- 7cupschicken broth
- 1bay leaf
- 3 1/2ouncesrice
- 1 1/4cupsmilk
- Prepare pumpkin into cubes.
- Heat oil and add onion.
- Let it cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and let it cook another minute before adding pumpkin, broth, bay leave and half of the rice.
- Boil up the soup and let it simmer for about 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare rest of the rice as normal or indicated.
- Mash the soup and add rest of rice, milk and taste with nutmeg pepper and salt.
- Serve with croutons and thyme.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »