- 4mediumonions, roughly chopped
- 3clovesgarlic, roughly chopped
- 4stalkscelery, roughly chopped
- 2kgpumpkin, peeled,seeded,roughly chopped
- 8-10cupschicken stockor vegetable stock
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, garlic and celery; cook until softened but don’t colour (about 5 minutes).
- Add the pumpkin, stock (you only want enough stock to barely reach the top of the pumkin).
- Stir and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pumpkin is tender (about 40 minutes).
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Cool quickly and freeze in 5×1 litre portions.
- *Thissoup is really quite thick at this stage, so when thawed you can add:.
- *1/2cup of cream and nutmeg for a traditional finish.
- *1/2cup of cream, crispy bacon and thyme.
- *a220g can of tomatoes for another change of flavour.
- *asplash of fish sauce, a tablespoon of red curry paste, fresh coriander and basil and 1/2 cup of coconut cream for an Asian style soup.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »