- 1tablespooncanned pumpkin
- 2tablespoonsvanilla syrup(I just use about 1-2 tbsp. Splenda here)
- 1cupmilkor soy milk or3/4 cupmilk
- 1/4cupcoffee creamer
- 1/4cupespresso(I used some espresso coffee here (Starbucks brand)or1/2 cup strongbrewed coffee(I used some espresso coffee here (Starbucks brand)
Gingerbread Syrup use 1 tsp
- 1 1/2cupsgranulated sugar
- 2 1/2teaspoonsground ginger
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonvanilla extract
- Make the gingerbread syrup by combining water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan.
- (Note: or sub 1/4 t. ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice) Be sure the pan is not too small or the mixture could easily bubble over.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat when it’s done and slap a lid on it.
- To make a pumpkin latte at home: In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk.
- Add syrup(s), remember to use 2 tablespoons Gingerbread Syrup.
- Heat gently until steaming, stirring occasionally.
- Blend on high for 20 second until foaming.
- Pour flavored milk into a tall glass and pour coffee over.
- Dust with ground pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg, optional.
- Just as good as Starbucks IMO.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »