- 3 1/2cupsflour
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 2teaspoonsallspice (optional)
- 2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 4eggs, slightly beaten
- 1cup choppednuts
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another large bowl at low speed by mixer or by hand.
- Make well in dry ingredients (a large indentation in center).
- Add wet ingredients to well and fold in until thoroughly moistened.
- Add nuts and raisins, folding to distribute evenly.
- Do not overmix.
- Bake in 3 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minute.
- Freezes great!
- Can also be made into muffins.
- Adjust cooking time as necessary.
- Tip: I’ve found that baking in”dark” aluminum pans tends to burn easily on outside.
- I use light colored aluminum pans.
- They reflect the heat better.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »