- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1tablespoonvegetable oil
- 4cupschicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce)canpumpkin puree
- 1cup finely gratedfresh pumpkinor butternut squash
- 1/2teaspoonground coriander
- 1/4-1/2teaspoonred pepper flakes
- 1/4teaspoonground nutmeg
- 3cups hotcooked rice
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, pumpkin, coriander, pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with 1/2 cup rice.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »