- 1/3lb thinly slicedprosciutto di Parma
- 8slices chewy crustItalian bread, from a large loaf(I use Turano brand)
- 1 (16 ounce)jarroasted red peppers, drained well
- 1lbfresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat a grill pan or large nonstick griddle over medium to mediumhigh heat.
- Build your sandwiches: place 2 or 3 slices of prosciutto on 1 piece of bread.
- Top with an even layer of roasted red pepper and an even layer of mozzarella.
- Top with another slice of bread.
- Drizzle the tops of the assembled sandwiches with olive oil.
- Place the olive oil coated bread face down on the grill or griddle and drizze the opposite side with addition olive oil.
- Weight the sandwiches down with a tin foil covered brick or a heavy skillet filled with a sack of flour (If using a panini maker– just close the lid– no need to flip).
- Press the sandwiches for 2 or 3 minutes on each side, then serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »