- 3/4cup finely gratedgruyere(about 3 ounces)
- 4teaspoons choppedfresh sage leaves
- 1sheetpuff pastry, thawed(from one 17 1/4-ounce package frozen puff pastry)
- 1largeegg, beaten lightly
- 2ounces thinly slicedprosciutto
- Combine Gruyere and sage in bowl.
- On lightly floured surface, unfold pastry with short side facing you, and cut in half crosswise.
- Arrange half of sheet with long side facing you, and brush just the edge of far side with the egg.
- Arrange half of prosciutto evenly on top of pastry, avoiding egg-washed edge, and top with half of Gruyere mixture.
- Starting with near side, roll jelly-roll fashion into a log and wrap in wax paper.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Chill, seam-side down, until firm, at least three hours, or up to three days (you can even freeze for several weeks).
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cut logs crosswise into 1/2 inch thick pinwheels and arrange, cut side down, 1 inch apart on sheets.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool just slightly; best served while still warm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »