- 1 1/2lbs baby dutchyellow potatoesor fingerling potatoes
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 10ounces freshbutton mushrooms, quartered
- 1teaspoonfresh thyme
- 2ouncesshallots, minced
- 1tablespoongarlic, minced
- 1/4-3/4cuppotato water
- 1tablespoontruffle oilor olive oil
- 1/2tablespoontruffle oilor olive oil
- 8slicestruffles (optional)
- Rinse potatoes place in pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat till tender about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a pan place 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute mushrooms for 5 minutes season with salt and pepper and add thyme, shallots and garlic cook till translucent.
- Remove a couple of the cooked mushrooms for garnish and set aside.
- Add 3/4- 1 cup of the cooked potatoes and 2 tablespoons butter to the mushrooms, puree with a hand blender adding potato water to make a smooth puree.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Stir truffle oil, salt and pepper to taste into potatoes.
- Spread 3/4 of the pureed mushroom mixture on a serving platter top with sliced and seasoned potatoes topping with 1/4 of the mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with the mushrooms that were set aside, sliced truffles and thyme sprig.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »