- 9-10lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce)candiced tomatoes with juice, undrained(Italian style is okay)
- 1 (8 ounce)cantomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce)cantomato paste
- 1tablespoonbalsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1tablespoondried basil
- 1teaspoondried oregano
- 1/2-1teaspoongarlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2cups shreddedmozzarella cheese, divided(more if desired)
- 1cupfeta cheese, crumbled(more if desired)
- 1 (10 ounce)packagefrozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2-1lbportabella mushrooms, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook the lasagna noodles until soft.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, stir together the tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar and seasonings; heat till a medium boil; reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- in a medium bowl, stir together 1-1/2 cups mozzerella cheese, feta cheese, spinach and the egg.
- In the bottom of the prepared baking dish, spread 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom.
- Layer 3 pieces of cooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- Then 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Then 1/2 of the sliced mushrooms.
- Then another 1/3 of the sauce; repeat.
- Top with the remaining pasta, then the balance of the sauce and then mozzerella cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake for 25 minutes, uncover, and bake for 5-7 minutes longer, or until the cheese melts.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »