- 1 1/2lbsboneless pork, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper, freshly ground
- 2teaspoonschili powder
- 1cup choppedonions
- 1/2cup dicedcelery
- 1 (20 ounce)cantomatoes
- 1/8teaspoonTabasco sauce
- 3cupsrice, half cooked and drained
- 1/4lb gratedcheddar cheese
- 1cupcarrots, diced
- 1 (15 ounce)canblack beans
- Use whatever type of rice you prefer and cook it halfway according to whatever method you prefer while continuing with the rest of the prep work.
- Trim fat from pork, cut in strips 1 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Brown pork in oil then add salt, pepper, chili powder, onions, and celery.
- Cook 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Mix in tomatoes, Tobasco and optional items if desired.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the half cooked rice and mix lightly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Turn into a greased 3-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »