- 1 (3 lb)cottage roll
- 1largeonion, halved
- 3carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2bay leaves
- 1/2-1headcabbage(whatever you need)
- 1/3cuphoney mustard
- 1tablespoonbrown sugar
- Put cottage roll in large pot or dutch oven; add onion, carrots, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, depending on the size of the roast.
- Remove meat from liquid and place in a baking pan; brush with honey mustard and brown sugar mixed to a paste. Reserve the liquid to cook the cabbage.
- Place roast in the oven, just on “warm” while you cook the cabbage.
- Thinly slice cabbage and cook in the liquid that the roast was in for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until desired tenderness.
- Good served with boiled new potatoes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »