PORK CHOPS WITH GINGER SNAP GRAVY
- 4pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick and trimmed of separable
- 1tablespooncooking oil
- 1smallonion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4cup crushedginger snaps(4 cookies)
- 1/4cupred wine vinegar
- 1teaspoonbeef bouillon granules
- 1/8teaspoonground ginger
- 1/8teaspoonground pepper
- 1dashground cloves
- In a skillet, brown chops in hot oil on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place chops in a baking dish.
- Drain excess fat from skillet.
- Add onion and 1 1/4 cups water.
- Cover and simmer 2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir just until bubbly.
- Gravy will thicken with the gingersnaps.
- Spoon over chops.
- Bake, covered, in 375 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until hot– OR– cover skillet and allow to simmer on low for 40 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »