- 1 (2 kg)duck
- 3tablespoonspomegranate molasses
- 2tablespoons cumquatmarmaladeor othermarmalade
- 2clovesgarlic, crushed
- 1orange, juice of
- 1orange, zest of
- 1lemon, juice of
- 1lemon, zest of
- Cut the duck in half, through the backbone and breast, using kitchen sissors.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and marinate the duck for at least 2 hours.
- Strain and reserve the marinade.
- Pre-heat your oven to 170c and cook the duck for 1 1/2 hours.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200c for a further 10 minutes or until the duck skin is crisp and brown.
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan bring to the boil and cook over a high heat for about 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Remove the duck and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting the halves in half.
- Serve with a little of the reduced marinade poured over.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »