- 3slicesday-old white bread, crusts removed
- 1bunchfresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1clove mincedgarlic
- 8ouncesground beef
- 8ouncesground pork
- 2ounces gratedparmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3ouncesfresh mozzarella balls, chopped in small pieces
- 1cupunseasoned breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- In a small bowl, place the bread; cover with milk and leave to soak.
- Chop parsley and garlic together.
- Squeeze milk out of the bread and add to meat along with parsley and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients together, then add eggs and mix again.
- Add Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape meatballs, make a hole in the top and insert a small piece of mozarella.
- Cover over mozzarella, then roll meatballs in bread crumbs.
- Fry in heated olive oil for 5 minutes, then turn over.
- When golden brown and crusty on both sides, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add meatballs to your favorite tomato sauce and cook very slowly for 45 minutes on low heat.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »