- 1headcabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- 3mediumgreen apples, peeled,cored,and finely chopped
- 3slices thick cutbacon, diced
- 1largeonion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place diced bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Fry until crisp.
- Remove from pan, but don’t drain the bacon fat.
- Add cabbage, apples, and onions to the hot fat in pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar over, stir, cover, and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top, season with salt& pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »