- 1/2cup softbutter
- 2teaspoons gratedlemon zest
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 2 1/2cupsflour
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1cup coarsely choppedpecans
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, peel and juice and set aside.
- Mix flour, polenta, baking powder and salt thoroughly.
- Mix flour and egg mixtures and nuts.
- Shape into two logs about 2 inches by 14 inches and put on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or so till golden on edges.
- Cool 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into ¾-inch slices.
- Put back onto baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Turn over and bake another 20 minutes or so, until golden all over.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »