- 1cupbrown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce)canpineapple chunks
- 3-4 sliced roundbananas
- 1 (8 ounce)jarmaraschino cherries, halved or whole
- 1/2cup choppedpecans (optional)
- Melt 1/2 cup butter, in a baking dish in the oven.
- add brown sugar with the butter.
- after brown sugar blends into the butter, remove from the oven.
- arrange drained pineapple chunks and banana slices, in a checker-board fashion in the baking dish.
- put maraschino cherries in between the pineapple and bananas.
- also add some pecans, chopped if desired.
- mix batter for a 2-layer (18. 25 oz.) cake and pour over all in the dish.
- bake in a pre-heated 350 degrees, 40-50 minutes.
- remove from dish to cool.
- i used a 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »