- 1teaspoonolive oil
- 2cupssliced mushrooms
- 1onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2tablespoonsdry sherryor apple juice
- 2/3cuplow-fat milk(I use skim)
- 1/4cupchicken broth
- 1 (1 lb)packagefrozen low-fat potato pierogies, thawed
- 2tablespoonslight sour cream
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and onion are tender and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and cook until evaporated.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in milk, broth, and pierogies; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »