- 1/2cuporange juice
- 1/4cuplight rum
- 1 1/2cupsflour
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 2eggs, lightly beaten
- 1cupcanned pumpkin
- In a small glass bowl, combine raisins, orange juice and rum.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to plump the raisins.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tin.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Drain off 1/4 cup of the liquid from the plumped raisins (and maybe save it for the chef to enjoy!), and fold in remaining raisin mixture into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups full, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until done.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool on rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »