- 10-12sheetsphyllo dough
- 2 1/2cupsmilk
- 1cupheavy creamor half-and-half
- 1egg, beaten
- 2tablespoonsrose wateror orange blossom water
- 1/2cup unsaltedpistachios, shells removed,chopped
- 1/2cupunsalted almonds, shells removed,chopped
- 1/2cup unsaltedhazelnuts, shells removed,chopped
- 2/3cupdark raisinsor golden raisins
- 1tablespoonground cinnamon, for dusting
- Preheat oven 350 degress.
- Bake phyllo sheets on 2 baking trays, for 15-20 minutes, until crisp.
- Remove from oven, increase oven temperature to 400.
- Scald the milk and cream, gently, do not boil.
- Temper egg with some of the hot milk mixture, add rose water.
- Slowly add to remaining milk mixture.
- Cook over low heat until mixture begins to thicken, stirring gently, constantly.
- Butter or spray with pam a shallow baking dish.
- Crumble phyllo leaves, not fine, into small chuncks, into prepared dish, gently mix in nuts and raisins.
- Pour custard mixture over and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden.
- Dust with cinnamon, might serve with cream on the side.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »