- 200gred lentils
- 8ounceslong-grain riceor basmati rice
- 200ground beefor ground lamb
- 2-3tablespoonscooking oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Soak rice in water for 3-4 hours, then cook in salted water for 10-15 minutes using a non-stick pot until it just softens.
- Drain water and empty the pot.
- Bring 2-3 cups of water to boil.
- Wash lentil and add to water with a bit of salt.
- Cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Peel and thinly slice onions.
- Fry in oil until slightly golden.
- Add ground beef or lamb, salt and black pepper, and fry over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add one cup of hot water and cook until water has been mostly absorbed.
- Wash raisins and dates.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and some oil in the non-stick pot.
- Pour in half of the rice.
- Follow with meat, lentil, and raisins.
- Add in remainder of rice.
- Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Dissolve saffron in 1/3 cup of hot water and pour over the rice.
- Mix well before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »