- 2 (1 lb)frozen bread dough, thawed(or home made bread dough may be used if desired)
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1/3cupvegetable oil
- 1/2teaspoongarlic powder, if desired to taste or4-5freshminced garlic cloves, if desired to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1/2teaspoon groundmustard powder
- 1/2teaspoondried oregano
- 1lbground beefor ground chuck, cooked and drained
- 1/4lb slicedpepperoni, to taste
- 2cups shreddedmozzarella cheese, to taste
- 1cup shreddedcheddar cheese, to taste
- 1smallonion, chopped
- Place each loaf of thawed bread dough in a greased glass bowl (turning once to grease top).
- Cover, and let rise in a warm place for approx 45 minutes, or until doubled; punch down dough.
- Roll each loaf into a 15×12-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix or whisk together the eggs, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, mustard and oregano; brush evenly over EACH dough to within 1/2-inch of edges (this mixture may be doubled if desired).
- Set the remaining egg mixture aside.
- Arrange beef, onion, cheeses and pepperoni on the dough, within 1/2-inch of the edges.
- Roll up the doughs into jelly-roll style, beginning with the long end first; seal the edges very well.
- Place seam-side down on a greased baking/cookie sheet or sheets.
- Brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven, for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting– DELICIOUS!
- ***NOTE:The egg/spice mix may be doubled if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »