- 1/4lbpeppermint stick candy
- 2teaspoons plaingelatin, soaked in
- 1cupwhipping cream, whipped
- 12ladyfingers or12 slicessponge cakes
- Crush the candy and place in a double boiler with the milk.
- Heat to dissolve the candy.
- Add soaked gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Cool until it just begins to thicken.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Line 2 sides and bottom of a loaf pan with double thickness waxed paper, so that the paper extends up over the edges of the pan.
- Arrange 4 lady fingers or sponge cake in the bottom of the pan.
- Top with the peppermint cream mixture.
- Repeat the layers topping it with lady fingers or sponge cake.
- Chill until firm.
- When ready to serve, loosen ends with a spatula and by the edges of the paper, lift it out of the pan.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »