- 14ouncessweetened condensed milk
- 1tablespoonpeppermint extract
- 6cupspowdered sugar
- 24-32ouncessemi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat.
- Knead on a surface sprinkled with more sugar until dough is stiff.
- (The stiffer the better when it come to the dipping part!) Add more sugar while kneading if the dough is sticky.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch circles. If they are much bigger than that they fall apart when you dip them.
- My girlfriend said she uses a screw-off wine bottle cap!
- Let the cut patties dry for at least 2 hours on *each* side. They need to be really dry.
- Melt chocolate & shortening it a double boiler; stirring constantly until smooth. Using 1 Tbls of shortening for every 6 oz. of chocolate. Keep chocolate hot for dipping.
- Dip patties in melted chocolate. The method my friend has found to work best: she places them on a long 3-tined fork, puts them in the chocolate (it should be no more than 1 1/2 inches deep), flips them over to coat the other side, lifts them out again with the fork underneath the patty, shakes the fork to shake off the excess chocolate & then places the patty on waxed paper to harden.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »