- 1/2cuppowdered sugar
- 1cupbutter, softened
- 1/2teaspoonpeppermint extract
- 1 1/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cupspowdered sugar
- 2tablespoonsbutter, softened
- 1/4teaspoonpeppermint extract
- 2-3dropsred food coloring
- hardpeppermint candiesor candy canes, crushed
- FOR COOKIES, combine sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low; add flour and cornstarch.
- Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Cover; refrigerate until firm (30 to 60 minutes).
- Heat oven to 350°F Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.
- FOR GLAZE, combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl.
- Stir in food color, if desired.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
- (I have found it is easier to put the crushed candy in a bowl and”dip” the top of cookies in them right after I frost them).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »