- 1lbplum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4cupdark brown sugar
- 1/2cupheavy cream
- 2tablespoons choppedparsley
- Pat tomato slices dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat in flour.
- Melt butter in large frying pan and fry slices til lightly brown on bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 2 TBS brown sugar and turn them over with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cook until golden but still hold their shape, about 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Pour cream into skillet.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- Bring to boil stirring.
- Boil until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »