- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 4Italian sausages
- 1cup of choppedonions
- 4cloves of mincedgarlic
- 1cup of slicedzucchini
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce)cans of s&w ready-cutdiced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1tablespoondried oregano
- 8ounces cookedpenne pasta
- 1/4cup gratedromano cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a heavy skillet, preferably cast iron over medium to high heat.
- Add the Olive Oil and Italian Sausage.
- Brown Sausage for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to the skillet, cover with foil and place in oven.
- Cook for 35 minutes or until sausage is cooked.
- While the sausage cooks heat a large skillet and add the chopped onion, garlic and Zuchinni.
- Cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickned.
- You may add some pasta water if the sauce gets to thick.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Season with pepper to taste and add the cooked pasta and toss.
- Cover the pan and let sit a few minutes.
- Slice the sausage and mix with pasta.
- Serve with Grated Romano Cheese.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »