- 1/2teaspoonsalt, plus
- moresalt, for pasta water
- 1lbpenneor other chunkypasta
- 1/4cupolive oil
- 2clovesgarlic, sliced thin
- 1pintcherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1teaspoondried oregano
- 1/4teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3cupkalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4cup choppedfresh parsley
- 1/4cup gratedparmesan cheese, plus
- moreparmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and pasta.
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to manufacturers directions.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pasta to skillet with tomatoes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in olives and parsley.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »