- 2boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise,and sliced to desired thickness
- 1smallonion, diced
- 1/2red bell pepper, diced
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1jalapeno pepper, chopped,and seeded if desired
- 3/4cupchicken broth
- 1cup shreddedmonterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/4cupsour cream
- penne pasta
- 3green onions, tops thinly sliced
- Over medium heat, cook bacon until semi-crisp, reserving drippings.
- Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble when cool.
- Sauté sliced chicken in bacon drippings just until no longer pink.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and cook onion, peppers and garlic until just tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk.Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream; then add the chicken and crumbled bacon to the sauce.
- Reheat, stirring to melt cheese, but do no allow to boil to avoid separation.If the sauce is too thick, add the remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and/or a little more milk.
- Serve over cooked penne pasta and sprinkle with chopped green onions before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »