- 16ouncespenne rigate
- 3tablespoonspeanut oil
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh mint leaves
- 2smallThai peppers or jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2cup dicedcucumbers
- 1/2cuphearts of palm in brine, drained
- 2tablespoons choppedunsalted peanuts, divided
- 1teaspoonlemons, zest of
- 2tablespoonssoy sauce
- 1tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package instructions,el dente, (DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large (12″) frying pan over medium heat.
- Add mint, peppers and 1 tablespoon of cilantro and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cucumber, hearts of palm, 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts and lemon zest.
- Add water, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta well and add to frying pan.
- Toss well, cover and cook for 3 minutes over high heat.
- When done, transfer pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of cilantro and 1 tablespoon of peanuts.
- Serve while hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »