- 1/2cupbutter, melted and cooled
- 1tablespoonlemon extract
- 1/2teaspoonalmond extract
- 1 1/2cupsflour
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 3tablespoonspoppy seeds
- 1lemon, juice of
- 1/2cuppowdered sugar
- Mix sugar and eggs together and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add milk and beat.
- Add butter and extracts; blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients and add sugar/butter mixture.
- Mix well and add poppyseeds.
- Grease and flour one loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.
- Mix lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Spread on cake while it is still warm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »