- 16ouncespolska kielbasa or smoked beef sausage(I use Hillshire Farms)
- 1-2headromaine lettuce
- 2-3ouncesfresh gingerroot(dried won’t do)
- 10-16ounces planterssalted peanuts(I’ve tried other brands, they don’t taste as good. Dry roasted won’t do.)
- 1bunchcilantro, washed and trimmed (optional)
- 1smallred onion, sliced thinly (optional)
- Slice kielbasa into coins about 1/8 inch thick.
- Grill coins until they start to carmelize, turn and cook to taste.
- As kielbasa is cooking, wash& rinse romaine leaves DO NOT TEAR, pat dry.
- Peel ginger– I use a vegetable peeler and slice into matchstick-sized pieces– put ginger into a small bowl or sectioned serving tray.
- Pour peanuts into bowl or section of serving tray.
- Chop cilantro (if desired) I just cut it up with scissors– put into small bowl or sectioned serving tray.
- Slice onion (if desired) in small bowl or sectioned serving tray.
- Once Kielbasa is nicely carmelized, remove from heat and place on paper toweling, blot with another paper towel.
- You will need to have sausage, peanuts, ginger, optional cilantro and/or optional red onion on a tray or table to construct.
- To Assemble:.
- Place Romaine leaf on plate.
- Line Kielbasa coins along spine of leaf from end to tip.
- On each coin place a matchstick of ginger (or two or three).
- Sprinkle peanuts liberally along the spine (to taste).
- Add cilantro and onion to taste.
- Fold Romaine leaf like a taco or burrito and enjoy!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »