- 2boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4black peppercorns
- 1bay leaf
- 1tablespoonrice vinegar
- 2tablespoonspeanut oil
- 2teaspoonslow sodium soy sauce
- 1teaspoonchili-garlic sauce(such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 2cups cookedsoba noodles(about 4 oz. uncooked)
- 1cup gratedcarrots
- 1/2cup thinly slicedgreen onions
- 1/4cup mincedred onions
- 1/4cup choppedfresh basil
- 4teaspoons choppeddry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- lime wedges (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan, and discard peppercorns, bay leaf, and cooking liquid.
- Shred chicken, place in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (vinegar through salt), stirring with a whisk.
- Pour over chicken, let stand 5 minutes.
- Add soba noodles and the next 4 ingredients (noodles through chopped basil) to chicken mixture, and toss well.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with lime slices if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »