- 1/4cupshortening, room temp
- 1/4cupbutter or margarine, softened
- 1/2cuppeanut butter
- 1/2cupbrown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4cupsflour(see note below)
- 3/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/2cupjelly or jam, for filling(see description for suggestions)
- In a bowl, add the shortening, butter or margarine, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg, and mix thoroughly.
- Blend in well all the remaining ingredients, except the jam.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375; lightly grease baking sheets.
- Shape the dough into 3/4″ balls and place about 2″ apart on a the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until set but not hard.
- Remove from oven, let sit for about a minute, then remove to a rack to cool.
- When cool, put the cookies together in pairs with the jelly to make sandwich cookies.
- Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
- NOTE: If using self-rising flour, omit the baking soda, baking powder& salt.
- Make about 64 cookies, or 32 sandwich cookies.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »