- 3/4cupbutteror margarine
- 2cupsquick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1cup packedbrown sugar
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/3cupdark corn syrup
- 1/2cuppeanut butter
- 1/2-1cupchocolate chips
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add remaing ingredients except for the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Press into bottom of greaseed 13×9″ pan.
- Bake at 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown (Don’t overbake).
- Spoon peanut butter over hot bars and sprinkle with chocolate chips, and spread when it softens.
- Tip: If you want a layer of peanut butter glazed with a layer of chocolate, do this.
- Melt the chocolate with 2 tbsp shortening over hot water, and drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars after smoothing out the peanut butter.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »