- 1/4cupbutter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups chopped fresh peeledpeaches(may use frozen)
- 3tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 2 1/2tablespoons chilledbutteror margarine
- Using and electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add in 1/3 cup sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and beat until well blended.
- In a bowl, mix together the 2 1/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to batter; stir after each addition.
- Add in vanilla; stir to combine.
- Gently fold in peaches.
- Grease muffin tin; spoon batter into muffin cups until 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- With a pastry blender, cut in chilled butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over muffin batter.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Turn muffins out of pan and cool on wire rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »